Thursday, September 23, 2010

a little pity party!

So have not blogged in a while mainly because i have had nothing i wanted to talk about. Things have been a bit rough on this side and i don't like blogging about the bad- i don't want to start a pity party, but after reading my friend Jen's blog i have realised that life is a pile of stinky pooh and that most people feel this right now, so i am going to tell you about mine...

I would like to find a rose among the crap but, as most of you know, when i get in a mood like this...it is hard to knock the happiness into it. To put it in context- in 2nd year i was told that "i sucked the happiness out of the room"...and i feel we might be broaching on that again.

One of the...um...issues is the THESIS! Well, i have somewhat of a supervisor but i have not officially asked her to supervise me but we are meeting next week. I have a topic that i am excited about but after a very de-motivational talk on Tuesday i do not think i will hand in in February. Now it wasn't really my plan to hand in in February but the honest truth is that i am sick and tired of being at UCT. I am tired to walking on campus and not knowing anyone, of having to do assignments i do not care about and being treated like a student. I am tired of it. I want some respect! Undergrads who think they have made it in life because they are at UCT...leave me alone and let me walk past you, you stupid inconsiderate idiots!

Back to the thesis, I am going to try and finish my proposal this weekend and then that will be a major step forward. But it is hard to fit it in- i have two courses which involve NGO work (which i love but it is hard to fit it in) and i know i am less involved this year in every regard but i feel like i have no time at all.

I feel like i have not actually seen my housemates in ages because well...i live here in theory. When i am home, i am either sleeping or working. Else i am on campus, the gym or Claredon. That's how my life goes.

Now, i am a lucky person. I have very supportive people in my life who have helped me through a lot, but right now i feel like go away from here and not having to deal with life!

So now i am going to put my earphones on, go to campus, battle to find parking, give a tut to a bunch of very ungrateful first years, and then keep on swimming...

University...time of your life...well i hate to see where it goes from here

No comments:

Post a Comment